The room and all the objects were made at a real scale. I worked on this scene from December 2003 until late June 2004.
I used radiosity (Global Illumination), caustics and SSS. The scene has 1355836 polygons, 5261 objects and 135 materials. The entire project takes 1,7 GigaBytes of space.
Special thanks to Shademaster and Michael Auerbach for suggestions and critiques during the creative process.
View the Making of Digital Morning
The making of shows all the images I saved during the creative process.
This image has:
- appeared in the "Best of Cinema 4D" gallery from January 2005 issue of the 3D Attack magazine;
- been featured on the front page of the Cinema 4D Belgium web site;
- been on the 9th place in the "Cinema 4D Hot 20" gallery from Renderosity.com;
- been featured as a Daily Deviation on DeviantArt.com in the 11th of August 2005.
This image took 8 days, 8 hours and 49 minutes to render on a PC with the following specifications:
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 1.7 Ghz;
- Memory: 1 GB RIMM;
- HDD: 20 GB SCSI;
Download the computer components as 3D objects (ZIP file, 15 mb)