Această pagină este disponibilă în limba română.
- Marius Șucan
- Year of birth:
- Arad, Romania
- Please use the contact form.
- Personal web site:
Computer graphics, digital art, art in general, coding / development.
Music, movies, foreign languages and nature.
- 09/2011 - 06/2013: Graduate student at the „West University of Timişoara” (UVT), with a Master degree in Art, specialized in Painting. (download dissertation PDF)
- 09/2008 - 06/2011: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Sciences at the „Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad. Graduated top of the class. (download thesis PDF)
- 09/2004 - 06/2008: (High School) Grupul Școlar de Transporturi Auto „Henri Coandă”, Arad, Romania.
- 02-24 December 2013. "Der Pinsel im Kopf" / "The brush in the head".
- Presented about 20 artworks. Location: Waldcafé Hainbachtal, Offenbach am Main, Germany.
- 12-14 July 2013. "Der Pinsel im Kopf" / "The brush in the head".
- My artistic evolution was presented in 40 artworks. Location: WohnBüro in Offenbach am Main, Germany.
- 02/2018 - present: Application development for Tablet Pro, California, USA
- Design and implementation of Tablet Pro Pen Tool application and other applications for Justice Frangipane. Applications developed with AHK.
- 02/2011 - 06/2012: General art work design for Willow Garage, California, USA
- Work consists mostly of interface design, illustration and implementation of web site interfaces with HTML and CSS.
- 08/2010 - 04/2012: Web design for Daniel Schaaf Marketing und IT Dienstleistungen, Germany
- Design and implementation in HTML and CSS of various web site interfaces.
- 08/2009 - 02/2011: beta-tester of VrayForC4D at LAUBlab KG, Vienna, Austria
- I had access to the latest releases of the VrayForC4D plug-in product and I tested them with Maxon Cinema 4D for regressions, render bugs, performance issues and user interface problems.
- 01/2001 - 2016: freelance graphic design
- I worked on logos, book covers, illustrations and web site interfaces for various clients. Among my clients: "Aurel Vlaicu" University of Arad, The "Nicolae Vasilescu Karpen" Technical College of Communications from Bacău, Dr. Ioan Dzițac, Dr. Radu Bogdan Rusu and more.
- 04/2003 - 07/2005: Mobius Solutions, Bucharest, Romania
- For this project I did architectural visualization for several elevators of the SC IFMA SA company. The renders were used for printed catalogs and custom CD presentations for their clients.
- advanced: post-processing, lighting, texturing, 3D modeling;
- intermediate: digital painting;
- beginner: rigging, animation.
- advanced: Maxon Cinema 4D, Adobe Photoshop;
- intermediate: Silo, Corel Painter, Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw.
- Strong experience in programming with AHK. Beginner level with C++.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Really good understanding of web development work-flows and practices.
- Experienced with educational software: Wolfram Mathematica, The Geometer's Sketchpad.
- Romanian: mother tongue;
- English: fluent in written and spoken;
- French: intermediate level.
- August, 2012: Some of my works appeared in a Romanian, cultural publication named "Curtea de la Argeș” along with an article about me. (download PDF)
- 16 July, 2010: "The piano room" image was featured as a Daily Deviation on Deviant Art.
- November, 2007: "The wind of change" image became the front cover of the 3D Attack magazine, which also featured a four pages interview with me. (download PDF)
- October, 2007: "The wind of change" image has been displayed in the "Best of Cinema 4D" gallery of the 3D Attack magazine.
- September 22, 2007: My brother and I ranked first at the ProInfo national contest with the ROBO Design v5.0 web site.
- May 27, 2007: My brother and I ranked third at a national Romanian contest of applied informatics with the ROBO Design v5.0 web site.
- May 17, 2007: My brother and I ranked first at a Student's Scientific Contest within the „Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad. We presented our web site, ROBO Design v5.0.
- December, 2006: I ranked first in a local contest with the theme of "Romania joining the European Union". See my image.
- May 21, 2006: My brother and I ranked first at a Romanian national contest of applied informatics with the PRO-Net web site (at CIA 2006).
- July 8th, 2006: Featured as a Daily Deviant artist at Deviant Art within the Digital Gallery.
- May, 2005: My brother and I ranked fourth at a Romanian national contest of applied informatics, with the fourth version of the ROBO Design web site (CIA 2005).
- September 8, 2005: Featured within the Unknown Artist Project at Deviant Art with the image Mushroom Kingdom.
The Digital Morning image has been:
- displayed in the "Best of Cinema 4D" gallery of the 3D Attack magazine (January 2005);
- featured on the front page of the Cinema 4D Belgium web site;
- on the 9th place in the "Cinema 4D Hot 20" gallery from Renderosity;
- featured as a Daily Deviation on Deviant Art in 11th of august 2005.
- January 17, 2003: The CleanAMP skin was featured on the official web site of Winamp.
- December 14, 2002: The WINyaMP 3 skin was featured on the official web site of Winamp.