Making of: Carita Europeana
Table of contents
- First stages
- Time-lapse images
Initially, I decided together with my professor, the project adviser, to do an image for the dissertation project. There were no talks about making a triptych. After I finished the sketch, I began working on the painted image, but at some point I grew unhappy about it. I decided to make something much more personal and emotional. I sent both images to the professor and she liked them both and asked to do a third one that is abstract. In the end, I returned to part one of the image and finished it.
I used Corel Painter and a Wacom graphics tablet to paint these images. I also used Adobe Photoshop to extensively post-process part one: colour grading, add textures on the walls and floor, decals, etc.
Here are time-lapse images of each part of the "Carita Europeana" project. All images are made at 10 000 x 5 650 pixels.
I started working on 17th of January 2013 and on 4th of March 2013, I suspended work on it, at WIP 7. At the end of April, I resumed and I finished it in the first half of May.
I worked on this image with some sort of rejuvenated enthusiasm on from 5th of March 2013 to 23 March 2013. I finished in less than 20 days. All my friends said it is bad and always liked Part 1, despite this I worked on it and I did not abandon it. Luckily my project adviser liked it. Pay attention to the various symbols it has.
I started work on 26th of March 2013 and I finished it on 20 April 2013.
My dissertation project adviser asked me to do an abstract version, yet, at the beginning I kept on showing her highly figurative images, as you can see below. Thanks to her help, in the end I managed to do an abstract version by understanding what that means. Pay close attention to the red shape and its texture.
Thank you for your time.
Previous page: First stages